And we know that in all things God works for the good of those that love Him, who have been called according to His purpose.
Romans 8:28

Monday, November 28, 2011

Emersyn Kate!

If you read my blogs at all, you know that God has shown himself faithful to Jacob and I time and time again.

Finding out we were pregnant a few months ago was a blessing beyond any words. Of course, immediately you begin to wonder the big question....is it a girl or a boy? I was secretly harboring hopes of a baby girl. I would tell myself that I didn't care either way, but had even prayed that it would be a girl. I have a closet full of pink and frills that I was just dying to open up! I didn't want to replace Kinley, I just wanted God to restore what was lost. A large part of what was lost was all the dreams I had of a baby girl.

So today was the big day. We had a regular doctor's appointment, but because I have ultrasounds every time, I knew we'd be getting a peek at the baby. And I had asked two weeks ago for a "best guess" from the doctor. He couldn't tell then, but promised to try again today. Although he wouldn't say for 100% sure, we are 90% sure that it's a GIRL!! (This will be confirmed in two weeks at my "official" ultrasound!)

Jacob and I had gone back and forth about a few different names, and hadn't really agreed on one for sure until last night. We settled on Emersyn Kate. After my ultrasound, I posted the news on facebook and a couple of hours later, I heard from our church secretary, Vicki. The church always gives you the meaning of the baby's name, the suggested character quality, and the lifetime scripture verse. Typically, these are shared at the dedication for the baby. When we had Kinley we had Vicki look up her information and she shared it with us. We were shocked by how well it fit the situation! God had clearly been in the midst of us choosing her name. Here are her meanings...

McKinley Rebecca
Literal Meaning - "Child of the Scholarly Ruler" (My name literally means "Honorable Ruler")
Character Quality - Peaceful
Lifetime Scripture - Isaiah 11:6 "The wolf will live with the lamb, the leopard will lie down with the goat, the calf and the lion and yearling together; and a little child will lead them."

Vicki had looked Emersyn's name up today and this is what she found for our sweet baby girl...

Emersyn Kate
Meaning - "Daughter of the leader"
Character Quality - Victorious
Lifetime Scripture - Psalm 20:5 - "May we shout for joy over your victory, and in the name of our God set up our banners! May the LORD fulfill all your petitions!"

God certainly has fulfilled ALL our petitions and we are shouting for joy and giving him all the glory! It's awesome when you can see God's hand, even in a name!

Here's a sneak peek of our baby girl...

Precious beyond words!

Giving a "thumbs up"

I love that you can see her little hand!

And Mommy thinks she already looks like Daddy! :)

4 comments:

  1. LOVE that little thumbs up! It's like she's saying "It's all good!". :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool! I love it. When I was pregnant with Emma, some ladies prayed over me during a scary time and one said, "I see the baby whole and complete". When she was born she was healthy, but had a little fatty tumor that is still there. Due to some other things that happened at that time we're convinced something was wrong and God healed her in utero. Once we moved to Covington, I found out Emma means 'whole and complete'. God is so good!
    Love,
    Kelly :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You all are in my thoughts and prayers! We have so very much to be grateful for. Thanks for reminding me! With love and peace, Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! It's amazing how God works in everything! Love your blog and can't wait to hear all kinds of updates about Emersyn...and eventually pictures!!

    ReplyDelete