And we know that in all things God works for the good of those that love Him, who have been called according to His purpose.
Romans 8:28

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Blessings from "Home"

So sorry that I've been MIA for awhile! I've been in Lafayette and Covington visiting and soaking up every minute that I can with friends and family. I've been so very blessed while I've been here...

I got to spend an afternoon with a dear friend and her three (yes 3!) baby girls. What a testament they are to God's faithfulness. After a long struggle with infertility, the loss of their beautiful twins, and much prayer, Adam and Tami are truly BLESSED!


Last weekend, I also got to spend lots of time with my wonderful family. I was so excited to be a part of the church service in Covington Sunday morning. My uncle, who had been serving as the youth pastor, was voted in as the senior pastor of the church. He and his sweet, sweet wife have blessed me in so many ways, and the church is very lucky to have them!! Uncle Bob did a marvelous job with Kinley's service last September, and I could tell at that point that God had very BIG things in store for he and his family!! He truly hears the voice of God! (By the way, he would never want me to brag on him like this....but it's my blog, so I get to!!) A truly amazing and BLESSED day....oh, and the celebration lunch at the Beef House was pretty good too!!

God is working all around you...are you opening your eyes today to see the blessings? Ask God to show you all the ways He's working in your life and the lives around you. Ask Him to give you insight to the GOOD that He's doing!

"I will sing to the Lord, for He has been good to me." Psalm 13:6

"Taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in Him." Psalm 34:8

1 comment:

  1. It was so great to see you Erica! I had fun playing dress up with the girls! Well, I know we had fun, not sure how much the girls enjoyed it! I'm so grateful to have your friendship! You are such a sweet person! I know God has big things for you, just hang on my dear friend! :) HUGS!

    ReplyDelete