And we know that in all things God works for the good of those that love Him, who have been called according to His purpose.
Romans 8:28

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

And The Blessings Keep Coming


Anyone who's been through any sort of fertility treatments knows that it can get very expensive very fast! Of course, it starts out fine, $10 for a 5-day supply of Clomid was all that the first several "tries" cost. Then when that doesn't work, you start down a path that gets very costly! Jacob and I are currently staring at an expensive path (although not nearly as expensive as it can get, it's kind of like slippery slope that only gets worse!) Anyway, the point is even with his new job our finances are tight and we're doing some major cutting back!

Since he's working swing shift right now and we don't really get much time together, we really wanted to do something fun today. We took some time last night to search some cheap options in Knoxville and decided to go downtown and browse the Farmer's Market. It was a beautiful day in Knoxville and I'm so glad we decided to go downtown! So after running some errands, we finally made it downtown and walked around for a little while. We noticed that it was noon and we were hungry, so we started looking for a cheap lunch option. I had a $20 bill in my purse, and we didn't want to go over that amount.

We finally decided on this cute little restaurant in Market Square that had a sign that said General Tsao's Chicken was on lunch special for $5.99....I was sold! When we went in, the owner happened to be standing there and seated us outside and took our drink orders. When he came back, we had a couple questions, (Jacob is a VERY picky eater for those who don't know!) so we started talking to the owner and discovered that he was from Indiana! He was just as thrilled with our common thread as we were and ended up bringing us out two free appetizers. They were delicious by the way! After about half of the appetizer and probably about half of my meal, I was stuffed and completely satisfied. He came back again and asked about dessert, which we declined not only because we were full, but because we didn't want to spend the money. He smiled at us and said "I'll just bring you one little dessert on me!" So he gave us the most incredible raspberry cheesecake (rivaling Cheesecake Factory)!!! What a sweet, sweet man! When the check came I noticed that he also had not charged me for my drink. Our grand total for this wonderful three-course meal was $15.00. And to top it off, I had plenty left-overs for tonight's dinner too!

The best part about this is that this man didn't know anything about our situation. He had no idea how much money I had in my purse. He was totally clueless to our situation, but God knew and he used this sweet man to bless us! We had such a good time sitting out under the umbrella in downtown Knoxville, eating our lunch, talking, and listening to live music. Thank you God for the wonderful blessing!!!! And thank you Javier at Cocoa Moon in downtown Knoxville for your kindness to stangers!!



3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you had a great day in Knoxville! I love hearing your stories and have added you to my reader. I know that your experiences and wisdom will bring hope to so many...keep testifying to His goodness! His plans for you are good and perfect! I just started a blog today too, so we can learn about this blogging world together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a fun date night. Thank God for his blessings. Have you heard of Groupon? If you go to www.groupon.com and look for your city or one near you. You can sign up and they will send you an email every day of a good deal going on. I signed up for the Indy Groupon and have already bought professional photos and a golf lesson for Dan. It's usually at least half off and a lot of times more off than that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Hirra!!! I just saw this and I'll definitely look into it!

    ReplyDelete