And we know that in all things God works for the good of those that love Him, who have been called according to His purpose.
Romans 8:28

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

A Lovely Night

Okay so I'm trying to look on the bright-side of being here in Knoxville as much as I possibly can, so here's a few positives from tonight....

1) My husband and I spend so much more quality time together. Not more time in general because he works ALL the time. But the time we do have together is much more quality. Mostly because I have no one else to talk to or do anything with all day, so I'm super-excited to have a friend! He's becoming my friend again....I mean we used to be friends, but somewhere in marriage and losing a child we kind of lost that for awhile. But it's coming back!!

2) Knoxville has a dollar theater and it's only a few miles from our house! I love going to the movies, but I do always feel a little guilty because it's so darn expensive. I often leave and think, well it was good, but I could have waited for it to come out on video. So, how awesome to pay $4.00 to see the movie!! AND a large popcorn and large drink were only $5.00. A good night out for us for under $10! NICE!!

3) We looked online for something to do tomorrow and found out that the Farmer's Market is downtown on Wednesday mornings. So....we're going tomorrow morning. How fun is that?

4) To top it off, we saw a beautiful big rainbow stretched clear across the Knoxville sky. What a true "glimpse of Heaven" that is! A reminder of God's promise and a reminder that He keeps His promises. He's made me some promises and I haven't seen them fulfilled yet, but He will KEEP His promises!!! And in the meantime, I'm becoming friends with my husband again and having a little fun in the process!

Good Night!!

1 comment:

  1. I love how God gives us sweet reminders that he's with us and hasn't left our side. :) Can't wait to read more of what you write. I've added you to my Google Reader!

    ReplyDelete