And we know that in all things God works for the good of those that love Him, who have been called according to His purpose.
Romans 8:28

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Finding My Place

This is one of the posts where I'm going to tread lightly and hope I don't offend anyone. It is in no way meant to make anyone feel bad, it's just how I have been feeling since we got back.

As you know, Jacob and I left Lafayette and moved to Knoxville a year ago. During our year away, I was back visiting several times and had kept in touch with most of my friends in some fashion. We are super excited to be back and were ready to dive right back into to our church, our friendships, our life!

Something weird happens when you're gone for such a short amount of time. It almost feels like we didn't leave, and like life here should have just paused or maybe even gone on exactly "as we knew it". You return thinking that everything will be the same. And it's not! It feels like everything has changed!

These first few weeks have been great, but I also find myself feeling like I'm struggling to find my "place" again. This is especially true at church. We were a part of several ministries, we knew pretty much everyone, and we had a place. Upon returning, ministries have changed, new people have come, and I'm not sure where my place is. I'm not saying these changes are bad, they're just changes that I wasn't here for. Everyone else adjusted gradually over the last year and I came back to a lot of adjustment!

I don't really have a "full-circle way" of wrapping this post up with a pretty bow on top. It almost feels incomplete, but that's really all I have to say about it! I don't want it to sound like I'm complaining. It's not a complaint, it's really just where I am today. I'll find my place, I'll adjust, and I'll be happy to do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment