And we know that in all things God works for the good of those that love Him, who have been called according to His purpose.
Romans 8:28

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

It's good to be home!

Why am I happy to be home....let me count the reasons! (Not necessarily in order of importance!)

1. MY GIRLS!
As I'm sure you've all realized by now, my nieces are like my own kids. To say we are close would be the understatement of the century! I really can't find words to explain our relationship, but if you know me, you know it's really beyond normal to be so close to someone else's kids. (In a good way!) I was frightened that because we had moved away I would never have the relationship with Bristol that I've gotten to have with Brenna. I cried many tears thinking that she wouldn't "know" me and would cry when she was left with me for any period of time. My heart melts every time I come in and she gives me that giant dimpled grin!!
We took Brenna to see "Judy Moody" today, and they seem to have the same fashion sense! :)
It just doesn't get much cuter than this!!!



2. Our Family!
I love family time, and there's nothing quite as sweet as having a beautiful, strong, fun relationship with your family. I've always been super close with my family, not just my Mom and Dad, but grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, great-aunts, and on and on. I've already gotten in some great family time and expect much more! And not to leave out Jacob's family, we're just as close with them and so excited to be back "amongst them"! Last Wed. night as Sarah and Adam sat in our living room talking and laughing WAY too late into the night, I had a moment of pause and thought to myself "This is exactly as it should be!" I nearly cried!
My beautiful cousin Jessica graduated high school, but her brother Seth passed her up in height!
I've been able to visit and get some snuggle time with my cousin Shayla's little sweet pea, Lynix!
We spent the day at my cousin Morgan's final dance recital...and she was as stunning as ever!
I would never leave out Lynix's big brother and one of my favorite little guys in the whole world, handsome little Laban!
This has become one of my favorite pictures! By the time Makenna finally got to hold Lynix, she was SO over the whole day!
The girls of my family!

3. Our Friends!
I've been so excited already to spend time with some of our closest friends. We've had dinner with some, I've had lunch with several, and spent days just hanging out at home with others. We realize now how beyond blessed we are to have so many amazing, Christian, fun, supportive friends!!! Thank you Josh & Jessie, Destiny, Tami, Julie, and the entire Wednesday night crew for already spending time welcoming us back home!
I have no pictures with my friends! :( But I do have this one of my friend Destiny's little boy hanging out at my apartment with my nieces so that Momma and Daddy could be with the new babies!
4. Our Church!
I'm planning to post sometime in the next couple of days about the adjustment that I've had in moving back into the church after a year, but in general, let me just say that we are thrilled to be back in our church! It just feels "right"! I didn't realize how much I like having so many people who know us and would ask how we are doing with the move, infertility, and even the loss of Kinley. The first Sunday morning back in service, as my brother-in-law Adam led worship, I just let my eyes wander through the church and soaked in the feeling of being back. My eyes stopped on SO many that we trust to pray with us, mentor us, and love us!

It's good to be back!

Still to come are posts on...
What happens when you give Bristol a Twinkie!
The fun that we had in Tennessee with Jacob's family!
My adjustment to fitting back into our church.

No comments:

Post a Comment