And we know that in all things God works for the good of those that love Him, who have been called according to His purpose.
Romans 8:28

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Thanksgiving Part 2

To complete my 25 days of thanksgiving, here are a few more things I'm thankful for...

1. I'm thankful for the Christian legacy that I'm a part of. I know it's a true blessing to have a family that's firmly rooted in faith! I'm very very thankful!

2. I'm thankful for my husband's job. I know I complain about being in Knoxville, but I really am thankful that he has a job that he loves. We waited and prayed for a long time. I know it's an answer to prayer!

3. I'm thankful for my pretty little home! I really do like our townhouse, it's the perfect size for us and is cozy and cute!

4. I'm thankful for a reliable car so I can travel home to see family and friends! And VERY thankful that I'm leaving tomorrow afternoon to see everyone!!!!

5. I'm very thankful for good friends who have walked through infertility and loss with us. I was blessed to have the support of women who had been through it too and I'm so very very thankful for them!

Very closely related to that...

6. I'm thankful for answered prayers....specifically, I'm thankful for healing from infertility. At our "home" church in Lafayette infertility seemed to be a common issue! There were FAR too many young women who could not have the children that they deeply desired! I'm so very thankful to have seen God answer many of these prayers the past couple years!!! I'm thankful for Cayden and the Peters' twins, I'm thankful for Ryann, Reese, and Regan, and I'm thankful for Peyton and Parker! They're each reminders of the faithfulness of God!

7. I'm thankful for plenty of food to eat. I never go hungry and always have all that I need!

8. I'm thankful for the alone time that moving to TN has given to Jacob and I. We've spent time together that I know we wouldn't have if we had been in Indiana.

9. I'm thankful for my DVR! I love my DVR! It's the greatest!

10. I'm thankful for my iPhone! More specifically, I'm thankful for the "Around Me" app because it's the only reason I find my way around Knoxville! :)

11. I'm thankful for the church families that have poured into our lives. Covington 1st Assembly provided such a wonderful and supportive atmosphere for me to grow up in. I still consider them my family! Lafayette 1st was the perfect place for Jacob and I to start our married life. We were ministered to in countless ways, found our best friends, were mentored by wonderful people, and grew in love with God and each other. And now Fellowship is becoming our home! We're so impressed with the ministries that we've been a part of and can't wait to dive in even deeper!

12. I'm thankful for the country that I live in and the freedoms that I enjoy because of it.

13. I'm thankful for facebook....silly, right? But I really am, I'm thankful that I have it as a tool to stay connected with people.

14. I'm thankful for the people that God puts in my path daily to reveal that He sees me and He's still working in my life!! Over the past two days, I've met three women who dealt with or are currently dealing with infertility and one who lost her twins to stillbirth. What a blessing to be able to talk to women who know and understand how I feel!

15. Finally, I'm thankful for those of you who have emailed me, commented on my blog, or sent me a facebook message. Thank you so much for your support and your prayers!! Thank you for taking a couple minutes to encourage me to keep serving God, keep blogging, keep sharing, and keep hoping! I'm thankful for you!!

1 comment:

  1. And I, my sweet girl, am thankful for you. You were our first grandchild and I still remember the first time I felt that consuming love for you. That moment is burned in my memory.
    We are so thankful also for Jacob, who loves you and makes you happy. He's such a wonderful Christian young man and we could not be happier that God put you two together. God is so good.
    love you both so much Mamaw

    ReplyDelete